Friday, August 25, 2006

Emmisary


PICT0062, originally uploaded by The Stranger.

Unfortunately I won't make it to the burning man festival this year. But I know someone who is. So Im sending this tiny emmisary along to scout out the place and represent me and us and Manitoba at the festival.

His face is the face of a persian cat. His sheild is the sheild of a roman legionary. His banner is the crescent moon and the eye and reads 'emmisary of the Manitoba Smoky TIger". He rides a black and white heifer.

Hopefully he will return from this quest with good tidings and perhaps he may even bring back some treasure. Or perhaps he will not return, having fallen in love along the way.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope he falls in love.

Anonymous said...

Now THAT'S optomistic!

...sending a small wood and paper effigy ,with a "new-ager", to the burning man, hoping it will bring back treasure.

hehe

CaptainGoldStar said...

Doctor anonymous, when will you ever learn.

that's just plain rude. You might as well have replaced the word "new ager" with "hippie" or "long hair" and then you'd be some redneck from the fifties!

Anonymous said...

I got "new ager" from you silly.

Lorne Roberts said...

well, "redneck" is an equally perjorative and unfair term.

but i agree that anon is used almost exclusively to be rude or snarky.

Anonymous said...

Ok, I was just being lazy not logging in the first time. I don't see this as "rude or snarky" at all...

"Now THAT'S optomistic!...sending a small wood and paper effigy ,with a "new-ager", to the burning man, hoping it will bring back treasure.hehe"

I am making a simple and harmless joke. And if you scroll down a few posts, you'll find Andrew refering to his buddies as new agers. That's why I used the term and why I put it in quotes. It was not intended to be mean, just to identify who we were talking about, and, as all I had to go on was what smoky said, that's what you get...new agers. I don't find it insulting at all. Truth is I think some people just read things to be mean and snarky if they are anonymous, even if they aren't intended that way.

CaptainGoldStar said...

Im sensitive. Especially about my mini-me.

Just wait and see what he brings back...

Anita said...

If you feel uncomfortable attaching your identity to something you say, maybe you shouldn't be saying it at all.

But I do like the intrigue that "Dr. Anonymous" adds to the mix.

Maybe I'm the only one who doesn't know who he/she is?