Saturday, September 27, 2008

1990s Canadiana

Toronto's Bourbon Tabernacle Choir, one of my absolute biggest influences as far as live acts go. I don't know how many times I went and saw them play at the Pyramid around this time (1988-1994?). The Meanies even had the privilege of opening for them in Thunder Bay not too long before they folded. Singer Kate Fenner and keyboardist Chris Brown still make music together in NYC.



Me Mom and Morgentaler, another fantastic band of the same era, from Montreal. This clip is from a recent show, as they have apparently re-formed the band. Sound and video quality aren't great, but the band looks in fine form! They had some of the most energetic live shows I have ever seen, ever.

1 comment:

Lorne Roberts said...

nice.

me mom and morgantaler may be back together, but i know their drummer plays out here in a band called creature.

apparently their live shows are 2-hour high-energy dance parties.