Saturday, September 06, 2008

4 years on


















So, I found it again
somewhere from within
in the faces and minds
of those looking behind
in the hearts and the heat
in the tragic and the sweet
in life and death
and your waking breath
in the somber sky
and the thirst for dry
under the northern lights
and I wondered
at the lightning
and the thunder
and who is right, then?

So, I searched again
somewhere in the beer and gin
through the smoky haze
I cleared the way
and I don't know who
might have followed me through
past the flashing din
past the wages of sin
past the sweet refrain
past the cool disdain
to the other side

2 comments:

D. Sky Onosson said...

Photo by Annika Onosson

Lorne Roberts said...

wow. love it.

while reading it, figured it was by knack.

i think i might've followed you through to the other side, maybe. i dunno. i'm tryin'...