Sunday, September 14, 2008

Talkin' World War III Blues






Not long ago crazy dream came to me
dreamt I was walking in World War III

Went to the doctor the very next day
just to see what kind of words he could say

he said it was a bad dream

i wouldn't worry about it none, though,
them old dreams are only in your head.


He said tell me about it:


Well the whole thing started at 3 o'clock fast
it was all over by a quarter past

I got up and walked around
up and down the lonesome town


well i rung me a fallout shelter bell
leaned my head and give a yell
gimme a stringbean i'm a hungry man
shotgun fired and away i ran

i don't blame 'em too much, though--he didn't know me.


down by the corner at the hot dog stand
i finally saw me another man
i said "well friend i guess it's just us two",
he screamed a bit and away he flew--
thought I was a Communist.


well the doctor interrupted me just about then
sayin i've been having the same old dreams

but mine was a little different, y'see,
i dreamt the only one left after the war was me
i didn't see you around...

well nighttime passed and now it seems
everybody been havin' them same dreams
everybody sees themself walking 'round with no one else

now,
half the people can be part right all the time
and some of the people can be all right part of the time but
all the people can't be all right all the time

i think abraham lincoln said that

i'll let you be in my dream if i can be in yours,


i said that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yound Dylan makes me think of a young isaac friesen.

I think that these posts which combine videos and text are amazing, a real breakthrough.

Lorne Roberts said...

a breakthrough? not really, no, but thanks.

i copied and pasted text from lyrics.com, and embedded a link from Youtube.

Anonymous said...

I mean a breakthrough on our blog, but also think of the medium....radio can't do this, tv can't(or won't). It's like books meet tv or something. You just need a red bouncing ball.

Our blog is expanding. The posts are mult-layered and textural entities.