Monday, February 02, 2009

Holding your hand

We were in a subwaycar
fast through
the space
called dreams

Was it there that I held your hand? No.

There was an accident first
and it used to be vivid
taken by the duty of a lover



Then the accident
and it tore a metal rip
on the side of the
subwaycar we
called dreams

There was no hurt
no tragedy
just an opening
into a big green park
bounded by the city of limits

So green
So good

And then I held your hand
Yes
so light, so charged
and its limits

It's OK
Life is what it is

And is any of this even true
Or do I see it in my mind
chemicals transposing
their wishes into
songs for me to hear

Did you hold my hand
for me to hear?

2 comments:

cara said...

I like these dream poems.

word veri: motionul

your poems are motionul.
:)

Anonymous said...

I like determined mind chemicals.
Nice work.
Wendy