Sunday, February 01, 2009

Montréal


So, I have now lived in Montéal for exactly one year and three hours.

What can I say about it? I love it here, it's beautiful, I'm pretty happy and in the course of one year I have become functional (though certainly not fluent) in written and oral French.

Also, I've re-written my novel over the past year, and it's literally DAYS away from completion. Or, like, two weeks, maybe.

I miss Winnipeg, I miss all my friends from there, and my family, and I miss the stability of "real" jobs (not to mention the paychecks).

But one year in, I'm still convinced that this was the right decision, and the right time.

***

Btw, January was one of the most productive months this blog has seen in the last 2.5 years.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woohooo!

:)

Anonymous said...

(i liked your picture best anyway Lorne)

Anonymous said...

Oh snap!

Anonymous said...

I think you made a great decision. A lot of my favorite people have moved there recently.

You've gotta try living in Montreal at least once! Hear that c-dog?

For a place with so many people it can be a lonely place for a newcomer. I commend you my friend! Stick it out!

Anonymous said...

power to the exiles