Thursday, November 20, 2008

cycle

I’m caught in loop:
a loop de loop of writing
on paper that’s been rolled up
for far too long
with every release,
the pressure on the edge goes back to curl.

i try to exit the loop
by turning off Bellvue onto Augusta
and stop for a coffee
where the wall reads:
“Bite off more than can chew”
with this affirmation
I head home.

The sun is shining and
i’m surprised on Spadina that
today
Toronto gave me all of Winnipeg
winter, snow, sunshine,
and warm feet.

Passing by the
pigeons feasting on custard buns
in front of the
Futurama bakery
where lions are catching raindrops on their tounges
and the smell of fruit and anise wafts and swirls.

I take a deep breath that irons it all out.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ya! That's it sister!

Best poem ever.

(To date).

Word: frestri

Anonymous said...

Amazingly visual.

Anonymous said...

It's amazing that you managed to keep your feel warm throughout this journey.

you must have good boots.

Anonymous said...

i meant "feet" not "feel".

geez i need to go to bed.

wv: isach

cara said...

Actually I just bought a pair of sorrels, funny thing is I lived in Winnipeg my whole life and have always worn boots that didn't keep my feet warm.