Sunday, August 19, 2007

Les Fleurs Du Mal (1857)



La nature est un temple de vivants piliers
Laissent parfois sortir de confuses paroles:
L'homme/femme y passe a travers des forets de symboles
Qui l'observant avec des regards familiers.

Nature is a temple where, from living pillars,
Confused words are sometimes allowed to escape;
Here man/woman passes, through forests of symbols,
Which watch him with looks of recognition.

-Charles Baudelaire (1821-67)
Les Fleurs Du Mal (1857) "Correspondances,"no.4.

4 comments:

J C said...

The fleur de mal in this picture is along the bank of the brokenhead river. I think I smelled fall.

Quitmoanez said...

Fall is here, there is no doubt.

Quitmoanez said...

And I also believe Baudelaire a dangerous fellow.

cara said...

these words are beautiful.
the picture is too, I was just thinking the same thing today, I can smell the fall.
It made me feel quiet inside, much needed these days.