Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Here and Now

Ok, I know it's a struggle every time
To lay it all on the line
Why even try?
All right, but let that go tonight
See if it'll turn out right
'Cause it just might

All right, I know it's a heartbreak every time
It's so unfair to be passed by
And have to wonder why
But if you want to improve your chances of
You gotta be open to all the love
Whichever way it comes

Everybody's hoping it will be their day
Taking all they got, and they throw it away
Looking for some happiness
Anywhere but here
Anytime but now

3 comments:

D. Sky Onosson said...

This is an actual song which I probably wrote about ten years ago, but for some reason I feel like putting it up here, now.

Anonymous said...

yes yes

Quitmoanez said...

And I was just about to say that your poetry was improving!

Nice work, sounds angsty, I like it.