Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Translating and paraphrasing an e-mail from my father

I do not agree with you.

For you, finding refuge in philosophy is to hide from the challenges that life has presented at this moment.

And one should never hide; one should fight.


Only the mediocre hide, and you, as I know you, are not mediocre.

Take advantage of what you have accomplished so far, meaning: if you do not get what you want at this time, then off you go, to other challenges.

Adelante,

Your father.

3 comments:

cara said...

encouraging words.


word verification: tosee

Anonymous said...

This is awesome. Your dad and you are so much alike. I just received a similar email from my grandfather, but its much too personal to post on this blog. but i might anyway, just for a diversion.

Lorne Roberts said...

ha ha! this sounds, word for word, like something you would email to one of us.