Saturday, March 11, 2006

4:16 a.m., times keep changing

Temptation is great and
horrible to be in it
like a position

that we want or seek or that
we want to give up
like smoking or

whatever.


Play a song about our funerals
i shouted to the band tonight,
bar crowded and dirty with
bodies and
the reek of flesh and
temptation

play a song about our funerals
all of us
about the time when we'll be dead and
this will all be a
memory

or simply forgotten.


Play a song about that
or sit the fuck down

and old god ike
playing blues, nodded and smiled
under his hat that
hid his lidded eyes and

pulled heavy on the note, strong

a song

about all our funerals

an ikos, by ike--
or at least that's how it felt.

so good, it was so
sad and
stirring and
across the bar someone
or other
wanted desperately to
meet someone's eyes when

all the bluesman kept saying

over and

over was


you darn fools

you're all gonna die. And he

hit the note on, right on and
slid with it

old god ike
friday nite and

josey is 26.

6 comments:

cara said...

WOW!

The man can write, the man can write.

Quitmoanez said...

No kidding!

J C said...

Celebrational! Narrational! Sensational!

Ike gave up painting a long time ago. Somebody should remind him how fun it is.

Life is birth and death, and in between nothing more than maintenance.

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have heard that note, that song.

Then again, perhaps, I did.

In the mosquito buzzing, full of the blood of my aching lip.

In the imperceptible parasite, in between bites, munching on my skin.

In my dreams, of longing, and rememberance.

In the flyer, selling flesh, taped, tapping on my door.

Broken umbrellas are a promise to the wind, and the cat's corpse is a worms best friend.

TheBlueMask said...

Bravo Blizz! This one could be painted. I wasn`t there, but you set the scene. I may just interperate this one.
Hope you had a solid 2/6 Josey (no mix)

D.Macri said...

So not to detract from the beauty, abstractness, or mystery of this, but was the song a cover or an original? What was it called (I am moved, that's all -maybe I can hear it too)