Thursday, March 30, 2006

The Most Beautiful Girl In the World

Corona Girl One

Coke Blazen Corona Girl
I've got my sights on you
wipe that toilet cake
off your pretty face

beer in a bucket
my sweet little cougar
smiling corona girl
that is your place

sell me your beer
and love that’s true

Corona Girl Two

Your soft cold small hands
search for a beer that's not there
so I the clever one
can see your qualifications
poke through your underwear
I'm not surprised
your humours not refined like mine
but after all, you look nice
in what you’re wearing.

Corona Girl Three

what bitter irony is this?
the cap doesn't twist?
compliments aren’t tips?
the choice is:
too much cologne
or
Body odour from the dance floor.
who will think the most genuinely of you?
living thing
take Edward Said home and a labbat blue.

7 comments:

_Q_ said...

Dancing between loneliness and alignment...
:)

renamaphone said...

Ha! This is funny...

Jess have you read anything of Said's? It sure doesn't sound like it...

TheBlueMask said...

"my sweet little cougar" HA HA!

cara said...

So, So, Wry.

I love it.

_Q_ said...

Hey Renegade!
:)
Be Nice!
Hahha. But really Said could have been left out of my studies. Homi Bhabha and Bell Hooks were enough.
But I'll give him another chance.

So what significant things does Said have to say in the field of Postcolonialism?
Enlighten me Rene!
:)
Said have to say...
geezzz.. try folowing a lecture with this guy in it. Who said what? and Who is on first.

renamaphone said...

hehehee. You are too much. I've got a couple books if you're serious about knowing more.

And can manage to stay awake...

:)

_Q_ said...

Ok Rene!
It's been awhile since I've read any critical theory. I'd prefer to chat about it over coffee than read any more of that stuff.

what I remember from Said is that their was a kind of appreciation rooted in his theories of postcolonialism. That is, in the construction of the other there was a strange apeal of the unknown. something alluring, attractive and distinct. I liked the view that differences could be praised and not lamented.

I've got a good question for yA!
Does the name of shepards pie in french, pate chinois, i think it is have anything to do with orientalism?

:)