Thursday, October 09, 2008

An Album



Hey folks....

So, I've been going through some tracks that I had recorded at various times, and working on some new ones, and much to my surprise I had about enough material to put together an album! So, I've made a new one, and if you're interested you can listen to the tracks on my website or at reverbnation, which is a great little community dedicated to musicians.

Now my only dilemma is to figure out what to do with this album that I have on my hands... there is still some remixing and mastering of the tracks to do down the road anyways, but in the meantime I'd be very interested in hearing anyone's comments and suggestions!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should make it a CD release on Nov.8th! (I was thinking I might have mine done for the show too....maybe)

D. Sky Onosson said...

Well... I can't see getting things together that quickly to have any actual cds ready! On the other hand, I may not actually make any in the first place - the last couple of albums I have made ended up only on the web anyways. Let me think about that...

Anonymous said...

Maybe we could have a CD released to Itunes party.

Anonymous said...

Comments & Suggestions:

True: A great song, it made me think of lots of different music, and made me appreciate your voice more.
Second song?:This song might even be better spoken like that robbie robertson song about the crazy river. love it
Third song?: Reminds me a little of ron sexsmith's style/feel of songwriting.
4. Island girl: looking forward to harmonizing on this one and adding some seagulls with delay
5. I like th ekeys in the background
6. Better than: What is that instrument in there, violin? This will be a great jamming song
7.Move! A wicked jamming song, I'd add some ripping ciagr box guitar slide. I like the sax too.

D. Sky Onosson said...

1,2,3. Thanks!
4. Cool!
5. Glad you noticed, it's the only keyboard on any of the tracks.
6. Only guitars with lots of delay and 'verb.
7. I can't do s*** on sax these days, so any jamming will definitely have to be guitars. Looking forward to cigar boxes!

Druni said...

I love the tunes Sky. Love the album cover too. Fantastic work.
It's too bad I'll be missing the show.
Minglers and Skybird...
Nax, you got a new record too?

Anonymous said...

yep, ben is mixing it for 2009. you have an assignment for said record...ca va bien I think. talk to benny boy!

greg oakes said...

happy ears!! :)