Thursday, October 30, 2008

Neil Young is my hero



Now, I apologize that this video is kinda dull-- but listen to the song anyway whilst surfing the 'net.

A forgotten Neil Young classic-- Cowgirl in the Sand-- 10 minutes of mind-blowing guitar shredding.

Although I've always thought his guitar playing was good, this song reminds me that he's actually masterful. I recommend headphones and beer with it.

Seriously-- this song will blow your mind.

He wrote it in 1969, when he was delirious in a 103-degree fever.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Neil is the best.

In this image, Stephen Stills must be on the left, he's my look-a-like in most photos.

Anonymous said...

I saw a shirt recently that said "What would Neil Young do?".

hehe

Word verification: taxist?

mondotrasho said...

I lucked out and received a ticket gratis for the show in Winnipeg last week. He played this song too near the end -- it went on forever -- he shredded it! A damn good show. Over the top at times. 5/5 for being Neil Young. There was a guy behind him painting canvases the whole time too. For one of Neil's charities I think.
~m

Lorne Roberts said...

he does look like you. weird.

the "what would neil young do" thing is, i think, part of some artist's work-- an american printmaker, can't remember her name.

i'm jealous. i wanna see NY again. saw him back in, like, 96 or so when he was in the 'peg, but i think it would be more meaningful to me now...